The prize is awarded to projects undertaken by young people which foster understanding, promote the development of a shared sense of European identity, and offer practical examples of Europeans living together as one community.
The European Charlemagne Youth Prize is awarded jointly and annually by the European Parliament and the Foundation of the International Charlemagne Prize of Aachen.
Applications in all official languages of the European Union are eligible
The projects submitted for the competition must have started and:
a) finished within the calendar year (12 months) preceding the current application deadline or
b) be still running.
– should be 16-30 years old.
– must be citizens or residents of one of the 28 EU Member States.
– can apply, either individually or in groups
– The prize for the best project is EUR 5000, the second, EUR 3000 and the third, EUR 2000.
– Representatives of the 28 national projects selected will be invited to a four-day trip in Aachen, Germany..
– The prizes for the best three projects will be presented by the President of the European Parliament and representative of the Foundation of the International Charlemagne Prize of Aachen.
– As part of the prize, the laureates will be invited to visit the European Parliament (in Brussels or in Strasbourg).
Deadline: 25 January 2016
For more information regarding the competition please contact the [ http://www.europarl.europa.eu/aboutparliament/en/information_offices.html ]national Information Offices of the European Parliament.
Read more here