This contest for young people is sponsored by The Goi Peace Foundation and UNESCO. The aim is to inspire society to learn from the young minds and to think about how each of us can make a difference in the world.
The theme of this year’s International Essay Contest is “What is life?”.
– Essays may be submitted by anyone up to 25 years old (as of 15 June 2021) in one of the following age categories: Children (ages up to 14); Youth (ages 15 – 25).
– Essays must be 700 words or less in English or French or 1600 characters or less in Japanese (excluding essay title and cover page).
– Teachers and youth directors may submit a collection of essays from their class or group by creating an ‘account for school/organization entrant’ on the online registration page
– Essays must be original and unpublished, and only one entry per person is accepted.
– Essays must be written by one person. Co-authored essays are not accepted.
– Copyright of the essays entered will be assigned to the organiser.
– Entries must be submitted online here in either MS Word (DOC/DOCX) or PDF format.
– For further support please consult the FAQ.
The following awards will be given in the Children’s category and Youth category respectively:
– 1st Prize: Certificate and prize of 100,000 Yen (approx. US$ 900 as of March 2021) and gift (1 entrant)
– 2nd Prize: Certificate and prize of 50,000 Yen (approx. US$ 450 as of March 2021) (2 entrants);
– 3rd Prize: Certificate and gift (5 entrants);
– Honorable Mention: Certificate and gift (25 entrants).
Winners will be announced on 31 October 2021 on this website.
Certificates and gifts will be mailed to the winners in December 2021.
Deadline: 15 June 2021, (23:59 local time).
Find out more: https://www.goipeace.or.jp/en/work/essay-contest