In the EU Youth Conference, which took place in Luxembourg from 20 to 24 September, youth representatives together with representatives from the member states reflected on eight recommendations on the field of youth participation.
– Create a culture of participation at school;
– Involving young people in political decision-making;
– Enhancing policy makers’ engagement and commitment with young people;
– Strengthening the role of youth work for political empowerment of all young people;
– Developing youth friendly tools for political participation;
– Developing local and direct democracy;
– Developing alternative forms of participation;
– Increasing synergies and cooperation between different actors.
For more detailed information have a look here : http://bit.ly/1KBlMOo