The North-South Centre’s work is based on three principles: dialogue, partnership and global solidarity. Its mission is to promote an active global citizenship among governments, parliaments, local & regional authorities and civil society by raising awareness of global interdependence through intercultural dialogue and global education.
The North-South Centre of the Council of Europe offers traineeships twice a year for a period of three (minimum) to five (maximum) months in differents units:
- – Global Education
- – Youth Cooperation (5 months traineeship period compulsory)
- – Women Empowerment
- – Communication and archives
- – Central Unit – Events and administration
The duties to which trainees are assigned include assisting with the preparation of activities, research, different types of drafting and other day-to-day administrative tasks.
Who can apply?
- Nationals of one of the member states of the North-South Centre and/or the Council of Europe;
- People who have completed their higher education or have successfully completed at least three years of university study.
Trainees must have a very good knowledge of one of the Council of Europe’s official languages (English and French) and a good knowledge of the other. Good drafting ability required.
Each year the sessions take place as follows:
– First session: 1 March – 31 July 31, 2021 (deadline: 31 October 2020);
– Second session: 7 September – 31 January; 2021 (deadline: 19 March 2021).
How to apply
If you want to apply for a traineeship, you should fill in the application form and follow instructions for sending CV and motivation letter.
All applications must be completed in French or English, specifying which session and the number of months you are applying for.
Find out more here.